Sunday, March 20, 2011

Last Night On Earth


I was recently introduced to a Band called Noah & The Whale and their recently released album Last Night On Earth. I’ve heard the name around but never had the initiative to listen until now. They are an indie folk band from Twickenham, London formed in 2006 with three previous albums.  But enough with the info, this album definitely caught my ear!

I am sitting outside on what is the most beautiful day and in need of some good mood music. I don’t think there was a better time to have picked this album to try out. If it isn’t the perfect album for the perfect day, I don’t know what is. It would be hard to be in a bad mood listening to these songs.

I was presently surprised with the instrumentation right off the bat. Very catchy but I wouldn’t go as far to say it’s “poppy,” just very upbeat. I absolutely love lead singer Charlie Fink’s voice. It reminds me so much of singer Sam Endicott’s voice. Singer of The Bravery, another great indie band.

The whole album is written as if it is a story and most of it is written in third person narratives. I love this! It’s what keeps you locked in and wanting to hear what is next.

As far as recommendations go, there was only one song that I did not care for and that was track 3, song L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N. Apparently this is the single off the album but I wasn’t in love with it. The tracks I did fall in love with were:

Track  1- Life is Life
Track 4- Wild Thing
Track 6- Just Before We Met

and the instrumental track of the album…

Track 7- Paradise Stars.

This is a band you must check out!


References:

http://www.concertlivewire.com/interviews/braveryint.htm

http://www.noahandthewhale.com/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment