Sunday, May 22, 2011

Music Then and Now

I was having a hard time coming up with something to blog about because since the last post I have had no inspiration to write about a particular artist. That in itself gave me something to write about. I can't believe how hard it is to find truly talented and amazing artists today. I mean I feel like it's Christmas when I find an artist that makes good music. I can remember when I was younger having so much music to select from in my parents record collection and ALL of it was amazing. I can’t believe how much things have changed for the music industry in such a short amount of time.
I am constantly wondering where it is going from here. I remember thinking it was mark in time when they took tape players out of cars and started putting CD players instead. Now I feel like soon enough we wont have either. We will all just have an output for our iPods. I think the advancements of technology are wonderful but I can’t say it has taken the music industry to a better place.  You don’t even legitimately have to be a good singer anymore to record an album. Artist’s voices can basically be manipulated in any way. A lot of music we are hearing now is completely manipulated and fake. Not only is this devastating because good music is scarce, it is devastating because this is the industry I will be working in soon. I am thankful for the artists out there that stick to true creativity and realness. With that said id like to recommend artists I believe are the best out there right now and I can count on to keep bringing the killer albums.

The Black Keys
Fleet Foxes
Adele
Lady Antebellum
Lady Gaga
Broken Bells
City and Colour
Ghostland Observatory
John Mayer
Michael Buble
Miike Snow
Muse
Mute Math
Zac Brown Band

I won’t say this is all of them but these are some of my favorites. If you don’t know of them check them out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment