Saturday, May 7, 2011

Lady Gaga Does It Again


Okay so Lady Gaga is known for being controversial so we should just expect it by now, right? Apparently not. I think it’s great and a smart way to swing attention her way, but there are still so many people who are getting so distraught over her stuff. She recently released her new song Judas, and even more recently released the music video for it. Well, the song itself stirred up some talk because of the biblical analogies, then the video caused even more of a rant because of the fact that Gaga plays the part of Mary Magdalene.  I thought I’d explain for those of you who don’t understand the biblical analogy here.

The theme of the video is a portrayal of modern day Jerusalem. Lady Gaga plays Mary Magdalene, leading into the town where Jesus is. Beginning with the motorcycle scene, she is happy riding with the Jesus who represents good, then Judas comes along and seduces her into the dark, satanic side. The video uses Jesus and Judas as an analogy to good men and bad men in her life and is showing her fight to stay away from the bad ones.  I think Lady Gaga did a wonderful job of making an interesting analogy out of a battle in her life.  I think the only way the controversy can come from this is when people take it too literally. This is art.
With that said I know that Lady Gaga has her new album, Born This Way, coming out May 23rd and I have to say I have very high expectations for this one. Because she has so much success with her first albums I feel that she must have so much pressure on her to make each one better. I think she will blow us away again though. She also recently released her Born This Way song list so here it is:

Americano
Bad Kids
Bloody Mary
Born This Way
Edge of Glory
Electric Chapel
Government Hooker
Hair
Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)
Judas
Marry the Night
Scheiße
You and I
Heavy Metal Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment