Saturday, November 12, 2011

Mylo Xyloto


As I said, I am back to give my two cents on the new Coldplay album “Mylo Xyloto.” I have to say I am impressed and quite happy with the outcome of this album.  I wasn’t sure what to expect with this one because I loved “X & Y” then they came out with “Viva La Vida” and I was less than excited about that one. Anyway, I think Coldplay nailed this one and here are a few reasons why.

The album starts out with a melodic short that grabs your attention. I think it is CRUCIAL that an album has its’ attention grabber right off the bat. There is nothing more discouraging than having to skip the first song. It has you wondering if you will be doing so more than once and that is no good. As you are listening to the intro you are pleasantly surprised by the upbeat tune that comes next. “Hurts Like Heaven” is the first song after the intro and instantly has you in a good mood and ready to move.

The next song, “Paradise,” honestly surprised me. Coldplay has always been more of a melodic, low-key band in my eyes and this song possessed a hip-hop/ R & B feel that I have never gotten from Coldplay before. I’m betting this song is the single that will have the most popularity with listeners. A top radio hit. Reason being, the song appeals to a wide variety of listeners.

The album continues to have fantastic songs that you won’t want to skip. Another single comes in at song number seven. “Every Teardrop is a Waterfall.” This is the first song I heard off of the album and I heard it on the radio. This song is one of my favorites and I think it was smart to have this as a single. It wasn’t their best song but it was one of the best. This way you want to buy the album to hear more, but there are better songs so it isn’t all downhill from there. Listen here:




My recommendations include:

Paradise
Up With The Birds
Hurts Like Heaven
Up in Flames

The album set a new weekly digital album sales record and achieved the second-biggest first week sale of 2011 for an artist album

This album is available on iTunes and in stores now!



No comments:

Post a Comment